Describes how to set up a Destination to receive
To receive notifications, you must first create a Destination.
Currently, notifications can only be sent to an Amazon Simple Queue Service (Amazon SQS) standard queue.
Receiving notifications from an Amazon SQS queue
To receive notifications from an Amazon SQS queue, you must
first create one. You can find instructions for setting up an Amazon SQS queue at Amazon SQS.
Granting Amazon MWS permission to write to your queue
After you set up your Amazon SQS queue, you must
follow these steps in order for Amazon MWS to push notifications to
- Log in to the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Management Console using your Amazon AWS
username and password.
- Click SQS to open the Amazon SQS Management
- Select the standard queue from which you want to receive notifications.
- Click the Permissions tab.
- Click Add a Permission.
- In the dialog that opens: set the Effect to
Allow. Set the Principal to
437568002678. Set the Actions to
SendMessage and GetQueueAttributes.
Finally, click Add Permission to save your changes.
- Make note of the URL for the queue. You can find this URL from the
Details pane of the queue that you selected above. This is
the value you will specify in the Destination datatype.