You can call the GetUniquePackageLabels operation of the Fulfillment Inbound Shipment API section to get shipping labels that are
ready to be printed and affixed to each package in your shipment. If your workflow
requires you to generate your own shipping labels, use the following guidelines. For
more information about the GetUniquePackageLabels operation, see
The shipping label that you place on the outside of each package must include the following
- Seller name.
- "Ship to" address (the fulfillment center address that Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA)
provided to you).
- "Ship from" address.
- FBA shipment identifier (the barcode that identifies a package in a shipment). For Small Parcel shipments, the shipping label for each package
should have a unique barcode. This helps ensure that your shipment is processed in a
timely manner when it reaches Amazon's fulfillment network. To construct
unique barcode values for each package in a shipment, do the following:
- Start with the Shipment ID value and append "U" and "001" to get the barcode
value for the first package in the shipment.
- To get the barcode values for each successive package in the shipment, (1)
increment "001" by one, and then (2) append "U" and the incremented number
to the Shipment ID value. Do this for each package in the shipment.
Example: If you have three packages in a shipment with a Shipment ID value
of FBA1MMD8D0, your three barcode values would be FBA1MMD8D0U001,
FBA1MMD8D0U002, and FBA1MMD8D0U003.
- A section clearly marked Internal Use
On the right side of the Internal Use Only section, do the
- For a package that contains units all of the same
SKU, indicate the quantity of units.
- For a package that contains units with different
SKUs, indicate "Assorted SKUs".
- For a master carton (a box made to contain a
certain number smaller boxes) that is not full, indicate "Partial case".
On the left side of the Internal Use Only section, indicate any
preparation that is required at the fulfillment center. For example, if you
require labeling, indicate that as follows:
FC Prep Required - LABELING
- A section clearly marked Seller Use Only, below the Internal Use Only
section (optional). Use this if you want to provide any seller-specific
- An indication of whether the shipment contains media or non-media items. Provide this in the
top right corner of the label by indicating "Media", "Non-Media", or leaving it
blank. See the following descriptions:
- "Media" - Indicates that the shipment contains only Books, Music, Video, DVD
- "Non-media" - Indicates that the shipment contains only non-BMVD items.
- blank (no text) - Indicates that the shipment contains a combination of BMVD
and non-BMVD items.
Shipping label example
Shipping label print specifications
||See the Label font specifications.
||Amazon recommends that you use a label with a height by width
dimension of 4" x 6" (10.2 cm x 15.2 cm). However you can use a
label size up to 6" x 8" (15.2 cm x 20.3 cm).
Shipping label barcode specifications
||Greater than 0.5" (1.3 cm), or 15% of the barcode length
|Narrow barcode element
||Greater than 0.0075" (.19 mm)
|Wide-to-narrow element ratio
|Quiet zone (sides)
||Greater than 0.25" (6.4 mm)
|Quiet zone (top and bottom)
||Greater than 0.125" (3.2 mm)