When requesting a report, Amazon recommends using the ReportProcessingFinishedNotification notification to
find out when report processing is complete. This eliminates the need to repeatedly
poll the GetReportRequestList operation to find out when report
processing is complete.
To request a report
- Subscribe to the ReportProcessingFinishedNotification
This is a one-time task. The
tells you when report processing is complete. For information about
subscribing to this notification, see What you should know about Amazon MWS push notifications.
- Call the RequestReport operation to request a report.
Note: If you
are subscribed to the
in multiple marketplaces and you specify one or more of those marketplaces
with a call to the RequestReport operation, you will
receive a notification for each marketplace that you specify.
- Wait for the ReportProcessingFinishedNotification
When report processing is complete, Amazon sends you the
with the ReportProcessingStatus element set to one of
the following values:
- DONE - The report was successfully generated. Use the ReportId
value included in the notification as input for the GetReport operation in Step 4.
- CANCELLED - The report was cancelled. See the "Why are my reports
cancelled?" section of the Downloading Reports article in the Amazon MWS Knowledge Base for reasons why
reports are cancelled.
- DONE_NO_DATA - The report was generated but there was
no data to report. This happens when there is no new data to report
between consecutive report requests. Retry until there is data to
- Call the GetReport operation, specifying the
ReportId value from the
ReportProcessingFinishedNotification notification that
you received in Step 3.